Throughout the process of completing an assignment, MSI Dubai consultants use the selection model as depicted above. This model is based on proven research and supported by behavioural and competency based interviewing. This selection model is used when we take the job brief from the client, interview the candidate and conduct the reference checks thereby linking the client’s requirement with the determination and confirmation of suitable candidates. Each assignment and recruitment requirement results in the application of a different weighting to each of the selection criteria. For example, a contractor in an IT environment would have most of the weighting on KRA’s and Competencies, whereas a Permanent employee would have significant weighting on Team, Culture and Environment in addition to KRA’s and Competencies.
Based on the weighting, we design appropriate questions to be asked at the behavioural or competency based interviews.
In summary, each aspect of the model can be described as follows:
- Key Result Areas: Achievements
- Competencies: Specific skills, knowledge and attributes
- Culture: Working style, values and type of culture they enjoy working in
- Team: Understand the types of help, information and resources needed from others
- Rewards: Understand what incentives, both monetary and non-monetary, that motivate the candidate
- Environment: What resources, systems and strategies the candidate needs to do the job